The Commission launched the first set of calls for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility Digital programme with a planned budget of €258 million to improve Europe's digital connectivity infrastructures, in particular Gigabit and 5G networks across the Union, and contribute to Europe’s digital transformation.
The calls follow the adoption of the first multiannual work programme for the digital part of the Connecting Europe Facility. They will co-fund actions aiming to support and catalyse investments in European digital connectivity infrastructures of common interest.
Who can apply?
The CEF Digital calls are open to legal entities, public or private bodies, including joint ventures, established in EU countries, including overseas countries or territories. Participation is subject to certain security restrictions, as defined in each call text.
Call topics and available budget
The total available budget is EUR 258M, entirely composed of grants. Call names, topics and budget are as follows:
5G for Smart Communities (EUR 25M)
5G Coverage along Transport Corridors (EUR 106M)
- Works (EUR 100M)
- Studies (EUR 6M)
Backbone networks for pan-European Cloud federation (EUR 80M)
- Interconnection of backbone networks for Cloud federations – Works (EUR 65M)
- Interconnection of Cloud federations with other Cloud, HPC and edge infrastructures – Studies (EUR 1M)
- Equipping backbone networks with high-performance and secure DNS resolution infrastructures – Works (EUR 14M)
Backbone connectivity for Digital Global Gateways (EUR 40M)
- Works (EUR 30M)
- Studies (EUR 10M)
Coordination and Support Actions (EUR 7M)
- Preparation of works for Operational digital platforms (EUR 4M)
- 5G Strategic Deployment Agenda coordination (EUR 1M)
- Integration of 5G corridors and 5G communities with edge computing and federated cloud facilities (EUR 2m)
Discover more about the calls and apply on the dedicated page.
The application deadline is 22 March 2022 (17:00 CET).
Interested applicants who want to learn more about applying or drafting successful proposals, as well as the evaluation and award process, are invited to join the virtual Info Day on Wednesday, 19 January.
You are encouraged to already submit your questions for the info day on slido (event code #CEFDigital) ahead of the event.
Check out the article on CEF Digital calls on the Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology’s website.
Source: European Commission I European Health and Digital Executive Agency (https://bit.ly/3r8LdWo)